What better way to celebrate World Turtle Day than by sharing fun turtle facts and talking turtle care.
Turtles make great pets, but they do require proper handling. Here’s how you should handle your turtle:
- Before picking up your turtle, use hand sanitizer or soap and water to clean your hands.
- Allow your hands to dry before handling any companion animal.
- It is recommended that you always hold aquatic turtles with two hands. They are strong and are known for being able to push away from your grip with their feet.
- A calm turtle can be held with two hands around the back half of its shell.
- Aquatic turtles can bite. If, while handling a turtle, it begins to bite, Continue reading »