45 things we LOVE about PETCO!
In honor of PETCO’s 45th
anniversary this month, we put together a list of 45 things we love about working at PETCO… and about PETCO in general. I have to say, I love working here and I feel pretty darn lucky to be part of such a great company, doing positive work for animals with so many fellow PETCO associates and PETCO shoppers across the country.
Happy birthday PETCO! In no particular order, let us count ways we love you…
We could go on, but we’re celebrating 45 years so, you get the point. We’d love to hear more from YOU though… Use the comments below to tell us why you love PETCO, too!
- Being surrounded by pets! From the companion animals in our stores, to our adoption partners’ adoptables, to our customers’ furry family members and our own pets at our corporate office in San Diego, we love that coming to work means being around animals all the time.
- 22,000 passionate, pet-loving associates.
- Treat and rawhide bars… they’re like snack bars for our pets!
- Think Adoption First. We work with the PETCO Foundation to find forever homes for more than 200,000 adoptable animals each year. Talk about being able to feel good about going to work.
- Aquatics is where it’s at.
- Convenient grooming salons with fun scents of the month and FREE charms with a Spa Works package!
- PETCO’s associate idea sharing program. We love that PETCO leaders want to know our ideas about our business and how we can improve together.
- Helping more than 6,500 local animal welfare partners through the PETCO Foundation.
- The ferrets! In non-California stores, of course, but we’re pretty sure they have some of the coolest, biggest animal personalities out there.
- We sell Snuggies for dogs. That’s just awesome.
- Hammies, mice, guineas, rats and bunnies. We love all of these furry friends!
- Hugh Jackman, Miley Cirus, Halle Berry, Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, Kobe Bryant, Christina Aguilara and so many more… We love our celebrity shoppers!
- Partnerships with vendors that support important animal causes like Natural Balance and National Guide Dog Month and Blue Buffalo and Pet Cancer Awareness.
- PETCO’s private brand. We think it’s pretty cool that we can provide pet parents with our very own line of high-quality products for their pets.
- Our customers can shop at PETCO in their pajamas from the comfort of their own homes. PETCO.com ROCKS.
- Our stores are the links between the largest national network of pet food banks in the country, which means we help people keep and feed their pets even in the toughest of financial times.
- Dog trainers and dog training classes in our stores.
- We’re social butterflies. We love interacting with all of our friends on Facebook, Twitter, and The PETCO Scoop.
- We have more Natural, organic and holistic foods than any other national retailer!
- We’ve NEVER sold dogs or cats and haven’t sold rabbits since 2008.
- Ribbit, ribbit. Sssssssssss. Ribbit, ribbit. Sssssssssss. Yes, we love our reptiles and amphibians, too!
- Fun, fun and more fun. Howl-O-Ween, Photos with Santa, Hamster Ball Derby, National Adoption Weekends… and the list goes on!
- Planet PETCO. We love all the ways PETCO is going green, from our own line of eco-friendly pet products to using more LED technology and renewable energy tests. If it’s good for the planet, it’s good for our pets, too.
- PETCO Foundation fundraisers. Spring-A-Pet, National Spay/Neuter Month, Breeds in Need and Tree of Hope. What great ways to help animals in need all over the country and all through the year.
- The Action Team. We have our own community volunteer group that allows associates at our corporate office to give back to our hometown community all year long.
- Pretty birds, pretty birds.
- We offer DNA breed tests that make it easy for pet parents to better understand their dogs’ physical needs and personalities.
- Unleashed by PETCO!
- PETCO PALS. As in, we love the program for the savings (yes, we use our PALS cards, too!) and we also love and appreciate all our loyal PETCO PALS members out there.
- Associate discount, baby!
- Pet insurance. Pretty neat that we make it so easy for pet parents to protect themselves and their pets in case of illness or emergencies.
- PETCO Park! Gooooooo PADRES!
- Associate recognition. We love that we can be recognized and recognize our fellow associates all over the company for demonstrating PETCO passion and going above and beyond.
- PUPPIES and KITTENS! ‘Nuff said.
- We’re super exclusive, but in a good way. PETCO is the only national retailer to carry brands like Merrick and Natural Balance... Exclusively.
- Associate engagement surveys. We love the opportunity to really speak our minds when it comes to how we feel about working here. Not only can we tell the company what we’re doing right, we can also make a difference in areas where we have room to improve.
- Aloha! We are the only national pet retailer with stores in all 50 states, including four in Hawaii!
- Our super-cool partnership with PEOPLE Pets makes it easy to give our furry BFFs the red carpet treatment every day. Everyone knows the most stylin' pets shop at PETCO.
- PETCO gift cards. As the perfect gift for any pet parent, they really make our holiday shopping easy… especially now that they’re available at other national retailers like CVS and Rite Aid.
- Multiple professional development programs and tools. We really appreciate the way PETCO invests in our professional development and makes it easy for us to grow and progress in our career paths.
- Professional pet photography. We make it easy for our customers to capture special memories with their pets!
- Working with really creative minds. Our associates have now named a fish, a toy frog and a can of Merrick dog food!
- Humane education. With programs like Fur, Feathers and Fins, Meet the Critters and more, we help teach kids the importance of responsible pet ownership and the value of the human-animal bond from an early age.
- Nutrition training. We have at least two certified nutrition experts in every store to help pet parents pick out the very best food for their pets.
- Four words: Where the pets go!